- Oct 24 2021
TimeGates Open: 12pm
- 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Fun at the Park: Let’s Get Buggy 3 & Garden Show
Let’s Get Buggy 3 and Garden Show
Sunday, October 24, 2021
1 pm to 4pm | Gates Open: 12 pm
Let’s Get Buggy features fun, interactive and educational Bug Booths. Event attendees will experience, The Butterfly Encounter, An Earthworm Experience, Bug Appétit and the very popular Ladybug Release where attendees will help release more than 100,000 ladybugs into Sholom Park. Our Garden Show is the newest addition to this year’s event. Local lawn and garden vendors will showcase a variety of plants, products and services. Event attendees can browse, buy and learn gardening tips and tricks from professional gardeners, landscapers, and nurseries.
Live Entertainment: Live musical entertainment by Nashville singer-songwriter, Aubrey Wollett. Aubrey Wollett is a singer-songwriter based out of Nashville, TN. Her smooth soulful voice, acoustic guitar playing, and relatable lyrics will have you listening on repeat. A Florida native, Aubrey adds a refreshing beach vibe to this country music era with a captivating sound and catchy songs. Check out her website here: aubreywollett.com.
Get Your VIP Parking Pass Here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fun-at-the-park-lets-get-buggy-3-garden-show-tickets-162691248905
Learn all about beneficial insects on Buggy Boulevard:
- The Butterfly Encounter is an exhibit showcasing three different species of butterflies. Learn and explore the life cycle of a butterfly up close and take photos while feeding live butterflies
- Earthworm Experience At the Earthworm Experience, children will dig in and discover the benefits of earthworms and their extensive channeling and burrowing which help loosen and aerate the soil and improve soil drainage
- Bug Appétit Edible insects are a great source of protein and are used by some world-renowned chefs in their gourmet dishes. Roasted Crickets and Toasted Grasshoppers will be on the menu at Bug Appétit.
- Ladybug Release Ladybugs are beneficial insects that eat small sap-sucking insects called aphids. Help Sholom Park release over 100,000 ladybugs into the park one cup at a time
Participating Groups and Organizations:
- Early Learning Coalition of Marion County will host a bug booth with children’s crafts, books, and interactive play.
- UF Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences will host a show and tell experience with real live insects.
- Ocala Rocks Official, Bug’s Rock Art Station is where you can transform a garden rock into your favorite insect.
- Queen of America Beekeeping Club explore the world of honeybees with local beekeepers.
- Bug Prodigy Christian Compton will show off his extensive bug collection and share his knowledge and passion for insects
Participating Garden Show Vendors:
Browse, buy, or learn gardening tips and tricks from local lawn and garden professionals and UF/IFAS Marion County Master Gardeners at this year’s new Garden Show addition.
- UF|IFAS Marion County Florida Master Gardeners
Mims Landscaping & Tower Hill Nursery
A Cut Above Landscaping & Outdoor Concepts
Labybug Landscaping and Designs
Natural Treasures Farm & Nurseries
Participating Food Trucks:
- Big Lee’s Serious About Barbecue
- Rancho Luna
- Sweet Baby Cheeses
- Squeezy Lemonade
- Kona Ice
- DB’s Rolling Dough