As a reminder:
1. ALCOHOL AND ILLEGAL DRUGS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN SHOLOM PARK.
2. Pets or other animals are not allowed in Sholom Park with the exception of Service animals.
3. Events are limited to fewer than 250 guests.
4. Music and other venue volume must be soft and suitable for a quiet park setting.
5. If Event applicant leases/provides any furniture the vendor must be licensed and insured. An approved vendor listing is available.
6. Any caterer/catering vendor must submit a Certificate of Insurance 30 days prior to Event. The Certificate must name Horticultural Arts & Park Institute, Inc. as an additional insured party.
7. Sholom Park closes at 5 PM November through March and 7PM April through October. Please respect the hours stated on the Application For Permit. The park follows the Daylight Savings time structure.
8. Refrain from affixing decorations to any structure on the property. Non-biodegradable materials are not permitted on the lawns, gardens or pond in Sholom Park.
In order to timely receive the executed Permit by mail all permits must be received 14 business days in advance of the Event date. Sholom Park remains open to the public; signage may identify the area of your event. At no time will restrooms or other public areas be for the exclusive use of event Applicant.
1. The application will be fully completed with the Park Superintendent. The Permit Application must be legible and contain:
- Applicant’s name, mailing address, telephone number, email
- Event date and times
- Number of guests to attend
- Insurance certificate of caterer, if any
- Caterer name, address, telephone number if applicable
2. The completed application is submitted along with event fee, sales tax and deposit made payable to Horticultural Arts & Park Institute, Inc. (“HAPI”). If you are issuing payment by cash, no change is available. Please submit exact amount due.
|Guests including wedding party
||Sales Tax 7%
|Up to 25
|26 – 100
3. An acknowledgement letter will be mailed with an executed copy of the Application For Permit. If all fees, tax and deposits have been remitted the Event Permit will be enclosed with the mailing.
4. Upon satisfactory inspection of the park after the Event a “Release of Deposit” will be forwarded to the office. A refund check will be mailed to applicant to the mailing address on the Application For Permit in approximately 15 business days after the Event.
5. If you decide to cancel your Event please notify Sholom Park in writing at a minimum of 30 days in advance. A cancellation fee of $50.00 will be withheld from funds remitted to cover the costs associated with meeting(s) with you, permit issuance and office handling.
To contact Park Manager please email email@example.com or leave a message at (352) 873-0848 ext. 7371.
All information is subject to change by Sholom Park and the Horticultural Arts & Park Institute, Inc.